Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Around Town Today

Poor Marc, rooming with a Christian! Some kid named >a href="brentberkowski.blogspot.com">Brent. Was it wrong of me to kiss Marc and grab his ass right in front of him? What do I care? He thinks I'm going to Hell, so as far as I'm concerned he can go there himself.

Marc and I went into his room, and shortly after shutting the door, we heard Brent leave. Guess he didn't want to hear what happened next.

After I finished with Marc, I walked home, calling Jeremy on the way. We decided to go have lunch together. What a time at the Whataburger. Jeremy told me he's trying to live a life with no regrets. He told me that meant that he had to embrace everything he had ever done, everything that had ever been done to him -- and everything that had ever happened in the world. He said that, without doing so, one expressed regret for one's own existence.

"So what, exactly, does that mean?" I asked.

He stuffed a pair of fries into his mouth before answering.

"It means that if you've said yes to any joy, you've said yes to every woe as well. It means that you recognize that everything had to turn out exactly as it did for you to be who you are at this time and place, and if anything else had happened, your life would be completely different. Do you understand? Do you understand what that means?"

Not really. I'm not sure I still understand it. It's a lot to think about. I"m definitely going to have to introduce him to Carlos. Listening to them talk would be fascinating.

Maybe I'll bring him over to Marc's. Listening to him talk to Brent would be hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment